Abia State University, ABSU one-year pre-degree and remedial programmes admission form for the 2016/2017 academic session are` now on sale.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Abia State University (ABSU) pre-degree and remedial programmes for the 2016/2017 academic session. Successful candidates who obtained good grades at the end of the programme and who made ABSU their choice of University, having sat for and passed JAMB Examinations, will be given concession during 2017/2018 admission exercise.
About ABSU Pre-Degree and Remedial Programmes.
- The Pre-degree Programmme is for candidates who already possess University UTME Admission requirements and seek to undergo one year pre-degree studies preparatory to subsequent admission into the appropriate degree programmes of the University.
- The Remedial Studies Programmes is for candidates with deficiencies in the O’ level qualifications and seek to remedy some by re-sitting the appropriate O’level examination conducted by any of WAEC, NECO or NABTEB. Subjects available include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Christian Religious Knowledge, Economics, Geography, Agricultural Science, French, History, Commerce and Principles of Account.
ABSU Pre-Degree/Remedial Study Centres.
- Abia State university, Uturu
- Abia State University, Umuahia Campus
ABSU Pre-Degree/Remedial – Admission Requirements.
- Candidate for Pre-degree studies must possess at least (5) Credit level passes, at not more than two sittings; In the SSCE/WAEC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB or equivalent level.
- Candidates for Remedial Studies must attempt SSCE/WAEC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB. Evidence of the subject failed for which remedy is sought must be presented.
ABSU Pre-Degree/Remedial Admission – Method of Application.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
(a) Proceed to any of the following Banks:
i. ABSU Micro Finance Bank Ltd.
ii. Skye Bank Plc, Umuahia
iii. Zenith Bank Plc, Umuahia
iv. First Bank Plc, Umuahia
v. Fidelity Bank Plc, Umuahia
vi. UBA Plc, Aba-Owerri Road, Aba;
and request to pay for the scratch card from Abia State University Pre-Degree and Remedial Studies Porgrammes Form. The value is eight thousand Naira (N8,000.00) only.
(b) Collect the scratch card from the bank and proceed to any internet Centre for registration.
c) Log on to the ABSU Portal www.absu.edu.ng and complete the Application Form.
The deadline for the submission of application on-line is Friday, 5th August, 2016.