Apply for Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, ABUAD scholarship awards for the 2014/2015 academic session.
Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, ABUAD scholarship awards for Prospective Indigent Students, Undergraduates in ABUAD, ABUAD Undergraduates who lose parents or guardians while studying in the university, Prospective students who choose to study Agriculture in ABUAD, Parents who have 2 or more students in ABUAD, Staff who have biological children studying in ABAUD and ABUAD Lecturers and potential Lecturers for the 2014/2015 academic session are out.
According to the management of the university, the scholarships are designed to promote quality, equity and relevance in education.
Afe Babalola University Scholarships
(a) Prospective Indigent Students
- An indigent applicant who has at least six (6) A1 in WAEC or NECO and who qualifies in his chosen course may apply for ABUAD scholarship.
- He shall be entitled to scholarship for free tuition and free accommodation.
- He shall provide evidence of financial incapacity.
- He must be industrious and disciplined.
- He must abstain completely from drugs and alcohol
- He must not be a cultist and must not belong to any group or club of cultists.
(b) Undergraduates in ABUAD
The following scholarships are available for undergraduate students in the university:
- Students with 5.0 CGPA and above – N500,000 each
- Students with 4.75 – 4.99 CGPA – N200,000 each
- Students with 4.75 CGPA – N100,000 each
- Merit awards – N100,000 each
– Most disciplined student
– Best dressed student
– Outstanding student leader
– Sports man of the year
– Sports woman of the year
– Cleanest hostel user (Male and Female)
(c) ABUAD Undergraduates who lose parents or guardians while studying in the university
- Such student shall enjoy full scholarship (as the university has done in the past)
(d) Prospective students who choose to study Agriculture in ABUAD
- 50% reduction in tuition fee
- Work and study opportunity to earn extra money for services rendered on the farm, in the cafeteria, factory, library and hostel.
- Provision for financial assistance to graduates to facilitate self employment
(e) Parents who have 2 or more students in ABUAD
Parents who have more than one child shall be entitled to 25% discount on tuition fee.
(f) Staff who have biological children studying in ABAUD
Staff who have biological children studying in ABUAD shall be entitled to 25% discount on tuition fee.
(g) ABUAD Lecturers and potential Lecturers
- Full payment of salary to lecturers with permission to attend post-graduate courses in Nigerian universities.
- Financial assistance to lecturers who want to study abroad
- Financial support to lecturers to attend conferences
- Financial assistance to support and undertake research
- For best dressed lecturer, 2014
- Most disciplined lecturer, 2014
- Lecturer of the year, 2014
- Most engaged lecturer, 2014
- Most punctual lecturer, 2014
- Most persevering lecturer, 2014
- Most outstanding non-teaching staff, 2014
- Most dutiful non-teaching staff, 2014.