Bayero University, Kano, BUK registration details and time table for undergraduate students for the 2015/2016 academic session.
This is to draw the attention of members of the University community to the following plans for registration for the 2015/2016 Session, according to a statement signed by the Director, Examinations, Admissions and Records (DEAR), Fatima Binta Mohammed.
See also: BUK School Fees Schedule – 2015/16.
The registration procedure is still through the myBUK portal. A student is to login to the University website www.buk.edu.ng and click on the myBUK link. Thereafter, follow the procedure explained on the site and on billboards. A student who pays an amount different from what is on the BUKPPF would not be able to continue.
Registration Timetable: The following timetable will be strictly enforced:
22nd Feb. – 6th March, 2016
Online Registration for both Fresh L100 & L200, and Returning Undergraduate Students.
7th – 13th March, 2016
Late registration for Undergraduate Students (with Surcharge).
14th – 27th March, 2016
Online Registration for Postgraduate Students
28th March – 3rd April, 2016
Late Registration for Postgraduate Students (with Surcharge)
- Registration means paying the appropriate registration fees AND REGISTERING FOR COURSES.
- Senate has directed that any student who fails to register within the specified time has to apply for Suspension of Studies for the Session within two weeks. Those who fail to apply for Suspension of Studies within that time would be considered withdrawn from the University.
- The Senate decision will be strictly enforced. YOU HAVE BEEN INFORMED IN ADVANCE!
- All undergraduate students should submit their Course Registration Form (CRF) not more than three (3) weeks after registration to the Level Coordinator.
BUK Registration Guidelines.
All students whether fresh or returning need to authenticate their studentship before starting the registration process.
Fresh Students need their (i) Admission Letter serial number, (ii) JAMB (UTME/DE) Number and (iii) Registration Number for authentication. Fresh students are free to choose their password at the point of authentication. After successful authentication, a username is generated for a student.
Returning Students need their (i) Registration Number, (ii) Last Session’s Username and (iii) Last Session’s Password for authentication. Returning students have a choice of changing their password at the point of authentication.
All passwords must be at least 6 characters long and are case-sensitive.
After successful authentication, students can use their respective username and password to login in order to start or continue with the registration process.
C. Registration Procedure
The registration procedure is as follows:
- Profile Update. Students must first update their profile. Note that students are strongly advised to update their phone numbers and emails as they are used on their BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF).
- Student Information Form (S.I.F.) After profile update, students can generate and download/print their Student Information Form (SIF).
- BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF). Students must generate, download and print a BUK Personalised Payment Form
(BUKPPF). Registration fees are reflected on student’s BUKPPF, to be paid using Remita e-Payments and e-Collection platform. Make sure you carefully read, understand and follow the payment procedure, as BUK will not be liable for any lost of funds as a result of incorrect data entry. Students must make sure that they entered ALL the information of the BUKPPF EXACTLY. Students must also ensure that:
Name of MDA, Name of Service/Purpose, Description, Amount to Pay (ft), Registration No., BUKPPF ID, Payer’s Full Name, Payer’s Email, and Payer’s Phone.
Are captured exactly as they are written on the BUKFFP. Note that Payer (Payer’s Full Name, Payer’s Email, Payer’s Phone) means the student, so even if the student is not the one making the payment (payment by proxy) make sure to use the student information. Any misinformation may lead to unnecessary delay in validating and processing of payment. Payments are usually validated and processed within 24/48 hours of making payment. NOTE THAT ALL FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE AFTER PAYMENT
- Student Payment Receipt (S.P.R.). After payment is validated and processed, students must generate and download/print Student Payment Receipt (SPR) in order to continue with the registration.
- Course Registration. After printing the SPR, a student can register his/her courses. Students are strongly advised to seek the guidance of their respective level coordinators on the courses they are supposed to register with any limitations and/or restrictions.
- Course Registration Form (C.R.F.). After course registration, students must generate and download/print the Course Registration Form (CRF). The CRF contains the details of the registered courses.
- Registration Acknowledgement Slip (RA.S.) After printing the CRF, students can print the Registration Acknowledgement Slip (RAS) to acknowledge that they have successfully completed their registration process.
Students can logout and continue the registration at a later time.