The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna 2016/2017 academic session 68th Regular Course admission application form is out.
Latest Update: NDA Shortlists Candidates for AFSB 2016/17 (68th Regular Course).
Nigerian Defence Academy 68th regular course admission application form will be available for sale from 26 January to 15th March 2016., and it is open to both male and female Nigerians.
Before you proceed, check:
Note: Read the instructions available on this page carefully.
NDA 68th Regular Course Admission Requirements.
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website / applications portal, as well as in the JAMB Brochure and website. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal.
1. To be eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy, a candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 5 Credit passes at SSCE (WAEC or NECO or NABTEB) or GCE O/L obtained in not more than 2 sittings relevant to the Faculty of their choices.
- Credit in English Language and Mathematics.
- At least one supporting relevant credit to the compulsory credits in faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and Faculty of Science. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old at the time of entry into the Academy. Note that Nigerian Airforce candidates must be between 17 and 18years old at entry.
- Must not be less than 1.68 metres tall for male and 1.50 metres for female.
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of Origin obtained from a Local Government Area and a Certificate of State indigene ship from the Office of the State Governor is desirable.
2. Furthermore, candidates are to note the following:
- Awaiting results are not qualified. Results not submitted with the application for will not be accepted.
- Only examination results of 5 years from date will be accepted.
- Currently, admission into the academy is for both male and female Nigerians only.
NDA 68th Regular Course Method of Application.
Candidates should logon to the application portal www.ndaapplications.net. select “Purchase Access Code” and fill in their details to pay for their application via REMITA after first obtaining their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,000.00 only. Please note that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
Interested candidates are advised to go online and complete the application on the websites indicated above. Please download and read carefully, the Instructions provided on the website. Applicants applying for admission into NDA MUST also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB), but may not necessarily select NDA as their choice of university. Such applicants are expected to sit for the JAMB Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications should be submitted online. On completion of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form. Upon release of the JAMB results, candidates should return to the applications portal and download their Examination Admission Card. Only candidates who make the JAMB national cut-off mark will be allowed to participate in the NDA Entrance Examination.
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website/applications portal. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal.
Only candidates who meet the JAMB national cutoff mark will be eligible to sit for the NDA Entrance Examination at their Examination Centre of choice.
The examination will be conducted as an Entrance Examination (similar to Post-UTME examination in conventional universities), and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 23 April 2016. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Examination Centre on the examination date. The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back. Only successful candidates at the NDA Entrance Examination will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
NATURE AND DURATION OF TRAINING
Admitted candidates into NDA for the Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
Regular Course cadets will train in NDA. All aspects of the cadets’ administration and logistics will be borne by the Federal Government.
In response to requests from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry Department, NDA.
Application Portal: www.ndaapplications.net
E-Mail: [email protected]