University of Ibadan, UI notice to year 2015 graduands regarding the Convocation and 67th Founder Ceremonies.
The authorities of the University of Ibadan have released an important notice to all the year 2015 graduands regarding the graduation and 67th founder ceremonies which have been scheduled to commence on Wednesday, 11th November, 2015 and end on Tuesday, 17 November, 2015.
Notice to Graduands:
- Each Graduand is expected to collect his/her academic outfit before the Ceremony, after presenting the receipt of payment of school fees containing the appropriate Convocation levy for Diploma/Certificate, First Degree and Higher Degree as well as a separate receipt of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) for the University of Ibadan Alumni Association (UIAA) Membership levy. The levy of NI ,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) must be paid to the Alumni Office.
- All Graduands are expected to pay a refundable deposit of N500.00 (Five Hundred Naira) only to their respective Faculty Officers for the academic outfits
- Academic outfits, Invitation Cards and Notices, will be issued on the presentation of appropriate receipts, at the Graduands’ respective Faculties.
- Academic outfits should be returned not later than 48 hours after the
- Ceremony. Failure to do so will attract a Surcharge of N500.00 (Five
- Hundred Naira only) per day.
- Graduands who fail to return the academic outfits will have their certificates withheld until they fulfill the above requirement.
- Graduands are advised to be at the International Conference Centre not later than 7.00 a.m. on each day to ensure that they are properly robed. The Faculty Officers would be seated with graduands of their Faculty to ensure orderliness during the ceremony.
- The tassels (cord) of the cap should be worn to the right.
- Graduands are expected to courtesy when they shake hands with the Vice-Chancellor but should not remove their caps.
- Graduands are to enter International Conference Centre through the back gate. They shall move in a Procession at 8.15 a.m. Into the Hall on each day.
- Graduands in each Faculty are expected to be seated in the section provided for them in the Hall. The Order of Proceedings will be given to Graduands by their respective Faculty Officers and the Deputy Registrar(Postgraduate School) as the case may be.
- Graduation ceremony is a solemn occasion, Graduands and their visitors are, therefore, expected to maintain a solemn atmosphere throughout the programme.
- All Graduands and visitors are expected to rise when the Academic Procession enters/leaves the Hall and when the National/University Anthems are being sung or played. Graduands are requested to please be orderly and wait till the end of the Ceremony.
- All Graduands are expected to pay the levies as stipulated whether or not they hire the academic outfits.
- Any Graduand who leaves before or during the Ceremony will not be allowed to return to the Hall.
- Note: All graduands are advised to be formally dressed for the occasion. Ladies are advised not to put on high-heeled shoes for the purpose of safety and to avoid unnecessary embarrassment.