National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN admission application forms are currently on sale for the 2014/2015 academic session.
**NOUN admission is always on, it does not close. So you can apply anytime.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduates, Postgraduate Diploma, Masters Degree and Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes.
Duration of NOUN Programmes.
NOUN operates a flexible mode of study which allows a student to determine the pace, place, time and medium of study. Students’ support facilities are available at all our Study Centres nationwide. See: NOUN Study Centres in Nigeria.
NOUN Admission Requirements.
1. Certificate Programmes
a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
- No previous experience or qualification is necessary.
- Ability to read and write will be an advantage.
Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates/Diploma programmes without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB and at not more than two sittings.
- T.C II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
- I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
2. Diploma Programmes
- A minimum of three credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in English Language.
- A minimum of three merits in Teacher Grade II Certificate at not more than two sittings.
- Senior Islamic School Certificate/Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Thanawiyyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
- NOUN Academic Certificate and Certificates of other recognized institutions.
Note: To qualify to proceed to appropriate degree programme of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to make up any deficiencies in their SSCE/GCE, NECO, NABTEB and T.C II.
3. Undergraduate Programmes.
- Five credits in the SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study. Teachers’ Grade II Certificates with a minimum of five merits or its combination with any of the certificates listed under (i) to obtain equivalent of five credits at ‘O’Levels. Candidates seeking admission into School of Law must have five(5) credits including English Language, Literature in English and at least a credit Pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in NECO/SSCE or GCE O/L only.
- The School of Arts and Social Sciences requires that one of the five credits or merits must be in English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed field.
- For School of Management Sciences, the credit passes at Ordinary Level must include English and Mathematics
- For School of Education, the credit passes must include Mathematics for Science Education and English Language for all humanities. Additionally, those in Science Education must have credit in English Language.
- For School of Science and Technology, the credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
- The minimum entry requirement for B.Sc. Environmental Science and Resource Management is five (5) O’Level (SSCE/NECO/GCE or NABTEB) Credits at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics and any of Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science and Economics.
National Diploma at Upper Credit from recognised institutions
National Certificate in Education (NCE) in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes. International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ Level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisite number of ‘O’ Level credit passes.
4. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN; or
- Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
- Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
- candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3 years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor degree in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognised by NOUN are admitable.
- candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management must possess HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
5. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
- A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
- A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management are required to have PGD in HIV/AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
6. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PH.D) PROGRAMMES
- For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant fields of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates for Ph.D Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made.
- Candidates are advised to forward transcripts of their academic records and three (3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean, Postgraduate School from which admission is requested.
NOUN OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Five credit passes at SSCE/GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level must be in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- A credit level pass in Mathematics is required for all sciences and technology, business education and science education programmes. A pass in Mathematics may be considered for social sciences programmes. Also a pass in English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics programmes.
- Candidates applying for B.A. English, B.A. (Ed.) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have a credit in Literature in Englis
- Prior knowledge and relevant work experience (including first degree/HND/RN) may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should however note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.
Note: Candidates may be required to satisfy additional requirements by specific Schools.
NOUN ACCESS PROGRAMME
As part of her mandate to increase access to Higher Education, the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) now offers a Remedial Programme at ‘O’ level to the Nigerian Public. Students who are admitted into these programmes will be taught through the face-to-face mode for a full academic year after which they would sit for any National ‘O’ Level examinations of their choice. For a start, the programme would take off in three Study Centres of the University: Lagos, Kaduna and Kebbi respectively.
For list of programmes available, simply CLICK HERE.
NOUN Method Admission Of Application.
The entire process is electronic and online and operates 24-hours a day. The method of application is as follows:
1. Walk into any of these participating banks:
First City Monument Bank
PLEASE NOTE THAT NOUN WOULD NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY PAYMENT MADE INTO ANY ACCOUNT OTHER THAN THE ABOVE DESIGNATED BANKS AND ACCOUNT NUMBERS
2 Pay as follows for NOUN application forms:
- Undergraduate Programmes N5,000.00 (Five Thousand Naira Only)
- Postgraduate (PGD and Masters) programmes N7,500.00 (Seven Thousand, Five-hundred Naira) only
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira ) only
3. Obtain a NOUN Teller specially designed for NOUN for the purpose of payment.
4. Collect the Application pin CODE equivalent to the amount paid for your form from the Bank.
5. Type noun.edu.ng and click on application form.
6. Use your Application pin number to access your NOUN online application form
7. Complete the application by providing the required information.
8. After completion, the candidate can re-open the form as often as he/she lies, before submitting.
9. Having completed all the above steps, you may submit your form by clicking the submit button at the bottom of the displayed screen.
10. You can now print out your provisional admission letter.
11. Applicants are advised to insist on paying the stipulated cost only and obtain official receipt at the point of payment.
The University has also been informed that some bank staff may demand for fees in excess of the approved cost of an application form. For the avoidance of doubt, applicants are hereby informed, once more, that an application form costs N5,000 (Five thousand, five hundred naira only) for under graduate programmes and N10,000 (Ten thousand naira only) for Post graduate Programmes respectively.
See also: NOUN School Fees Schedule.
On no account should any applicant pay more than this sum to procure a copy of the application form. Applicants are advised to insist on paying the stipulated cost only and obtain official receipt at the point of payment.
Click Here to Apply Now