Federal Polytechnic, Offa, Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes admission form for the 2015/2016 academic session on both full and part-time basis is out.
We are using this medium to inform the general public that the Federal Polytechnic, Offa is inviting suitably qualified and interested candidates to her 2015/2016 academic session Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes admission on both full and part-time basis.
Federal Polytechnic Offa HND Admission – Available Programmes.
The underlisted two (2) year Full-Time programmes leading to the award of Higher National Diploma are available in the Institution.
1. SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY
i. Computer Science
ii. Food Technology
iii. Science Laboratory Technology
a. Biology/Microbiology option
b. Chemistry/Biochemistry option
c. Physics with Electronics option
2. SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
ii. Banking & Finance
iii. Business Administration
3. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
i. Library and Information Science
ii. Mass Communication
iii. Office Technology and Management (OTM)
4. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
i. Computer Engineering Technology
ii Electrical & Electronics Engineering in either
a. Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering Option or
b. Power and Machine Engineering Option
iii. Mechanical Engineering
a. Manufacturing Engr. option
b. Power and Plant Engr. option
iv. Civil Engineering
5. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
i. Architectural Technology
ii. Building Technology
iii. Quantity Surveying
****For Part-Time Applicants*******
Three (3) years of six Semesters (Evening and weekend) programmes are available in all the courses as obtainable in the HND Full-Time except in Architectural Technology.
Please note that the HND Part-Time programmes are primarily for the working class; who for reason of employment cannot attend regular HND programmes.
It is also important to note that Part-Time HND graduates are exempted from participating in the National Youth Service (NYSC) Scheme.
Federal Polytechnic Offa HND Admission – Entry Requirements.
The entry requirements for all Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes are as follow:
1. Candidates are required to Possess National Diploma(ND), National Innovative Diploma (NID) in their chosen programme at not a grade below LOWER CREDIT classification from a recognized/accredited Polytechnic, Monotechnic or Innovation Enterprise Institutions.
2. Candidates are also to possess at least five (5) relevant O’level credits including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two(2) sittings from such examinations as SSC, GCE O’Level, NTC/NBC (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB O’level examinations)
3. Candidates are required to have at least one year post National Diploma industrial training experience.
Federal Polytechnic Offa HND Admission – Method of Application.
To apply on-line for HND or Part-Time HND programmes, candidates are to visit the Polytechnic website www.fpo.edu.ng, click on admission to fill application form, and thereafter make payment of Ten Thousand naira with an ATM card that is inter switch compatible.
Federal Polytechnic Offa HND Admission – Closing and Entrance Exam Dates.
Submission of application form closes on Friday 31st July, 2015.
Candidates for HND and HND Part-Time seeking admission into Federal Polytechnic, Offa are required to write an online screening examination from 4th to 18th August, 2015.
For screening test, visit http://portal.fpo.edu.ng,. and make payment of N2,000 with an ATM card. Fill required information, take the screening test and print out the result slip.
Please note that any false data entry during the online registration will lead to disqualification of the candidate at any time so discovered.