Shell Petroleum undergraduate scholarship awards for qualified Nigerian students of all the states of the Federation – 2014/2015.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to the SPDC Joint Venture University Award Scheme for the 2013/2014 academic year.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
Shell Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility and Requirements
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
- National Merit Award (NM) Open to all Nigerians.
- Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE) For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas)
Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW) For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Bayelsa (i.e. of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas) and Delta States.
Eligible Applicants must: ·
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2013/2014 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
- Have a minimum of seven credits, including Mathematics and English, in their O/Levels.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 at the time of application
How to Apply for Shell Undergraduate Scholarship.
All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication). Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online via http://www.shell.com.ng/environment-society/shell-in-the-society/education-programmes/students/scholarships/university-scholarship/application-portal.html and provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes); University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter; Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores; ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW).
The letters should be addressed to
Sustainable Development (UIO/G/NRS),
Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
Document size must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be JPG.
a) Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is FREE of charge.
b) Shell does not assign ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
c) Applications should be submitted online before 18th of September 2015.
d) Only short listed candidates will be contacted.