Tai Solarin University of Education, TASUED part-time degree programmes supplementary admission application forms for the 2016/2017 are now on sale.
The management of the Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED) Centre for Part-time and External Programmes (CEPEP) is inviting qualified candidates to her 2016/2017 academic session part-time B.A. (ED), B.ED, B.L.S (ED)., B.Sc. (ED) degree programmes.
According to the management, the part-time degree programme would run for 4- year (9 Semesters) and 5- year (12 Semesters).
TASUED Part-Time Programmes Admission Requirements.
The admission requirements for Bachelor’s Degree Programmes are as follows:
5 YEARS PROGRAMME
- WAEC/NECO Senior School Certificate (SSC), General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O’Level) or their equivalents with credits in five (5) subjects obtained at not more than two sittings and National Technical Certificate/National Business Certificate (NTC/NBC) is acceptable for Vocational courses only.
DIRECT ENTRY: 4 YEARS PROGRAMME
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (N.C.E.) with at least Merit in 2 core subjects, GCE A’Level with passes in two subjects, OND/HND (for some courses) in relevant areas with at least Lower credit, Cambridge (A level) Certificate with passes in two subjects, Academic Diploma from recognized Universities (for some courses in relevant areas) are required in addition to (1) above for Direct Entry. Advanced National Technical/Business Certificate (ANTC, ANBC) is acceptable for Vocational courses only. This is in addition to 1 above.
A credit in O’level English Language is required for all courses.
TASUED Part-Time Degree Programmes Special Courses Requirements.
- A credit in O’Level Mathematics is required for all Sciences, Vocational and Technical and Social Science-based courses.
- Credit in Literature in English is required for English Language.
- A credit in at least one science subject is required for Mathematics.
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Management should have obtained credit in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at the Ordinary Level.
- Credits in any two (2) of Geography, Economics, Government, Commerce, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge, History and Yoruba are acceptable for the study of Social Studies.
- Candidates wishing to study Counseling Psychology with teaching subject options in science and social sciences must have credit in Mathematics.
TASUED Part-Time Degree Courses Available.
The following courses are available in the underlisted Colleges:
A College of Applied Education and Vocational Technology
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Technical Education with options in: (i) Automobile Technology (ii)Metal (iii) Building (iv) Woodwork (v) Electrical/Electronics
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Secretarial Administration and Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Home Economics & Hotel Management and Education
- B.Ed. Educational Management
- L.S. Library & Information Science and Education
- B.Ed. Counselling Psychology
- B.Ed. Early Childhood Education
- B.Ed. Educational Technology
- B.Ed. Adult Education
B College of Humanities
- B.A. (Ed.) History and Diplomatic Studies and Education
- B.A. (Ed.) Christian Religious Studies and Education
- B.A. (Ed.) Creative Arts and Education
- B.A. (Ed.) Islamic Studies and Education
- B.A. (Ed.) French and Education
- B.A. (Ed.) English Studies and Education
- B.A. (Ed.) Yoruba and Education
C College of Sciences and Information Technology
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science and Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology and Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics and Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics and Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry and Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Human Kinetics and Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Health Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Agricultural Production and Management Science and Education
D College of Social and Management Sciences
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Economics and Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Political Science and Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Geography & Environmental Management and Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Social Studies and Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Transport Planning and Management Education
* Candidates are to note that they are to offer one vocational course along with their courses of study for which a proficiency certificate will be awarded.
TASUED Part-Time Degree Application Fee.
Admission forms are available at a cost of Ten thousand Naira (N10,000) only.
TASUED Part-Time Degree Method of Application.
Part-Time and Sandwich forms with brochure can be obtained on-line through the following step by step procedure:
(i) Visit the TASUED website by typing www.tasued.edu.ng on the web page.
NB: Only the www.tasued.edu.ng has the legitimate and authentic platform for the Part-Time and Sandwich application form.
(ii) Click Part-Time and Sandwich application form.
Candidates are strongly advised to click the Part-Time and Sandwich Degree Brochure and carefully study the O’Level requirements for the courses applied for before applying on the TASUED website, www.tasued.edu.ng
(iii) Complete the Part-Time and Sandwich application form by providing the required information;
(iv) Submit your form by clicking submit button.
(v) Print out an identification slip containing your colour passport photograph. The printed slip will serve as candidate’s identification/admission card for the screening test.
Note that false information provided by any candidate sha ll be detected by the special TASUED software application and such candidates shall be disqualified.
TASUED Part-Time Admission Screening Dates.
Screening shall be conducted on Friday, 2nd September, 2016 for all 100 level and Direct Entry (200 level) applicants at ICT Ososa Campus of the University by 9.00 a.m. The screening exercise for new applicants into the CEPEP part-time programme earlier scheduled to hold on Friday, 2nd September, 2016 has been postponed indefinitely. A new date will be announced later.
Candidates’ participation in the screening exercise is a mandatory requirement for entry into the University.
The results of the screening exercise should be checked on the University Website a week after the screening.
Closing Date for Purchase of TASUED Part-Time Form.
The closing date for the purchase of the CEPEP online application forms has been extended till Friday, 30th September, 2016.