University of Lagos, UNILAG accommodation balloting notice for the 2016/2017 academic session final year and returning students.
This is to inform all the final year and returning students of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) that they will have to go through balloting to secure accommodation.
The Student Affairs Division, University of Lagos will begin Balloting for accommodation for final year and returning students on Monday, November 21, 2016.
The balloting exercise will end on Friday, November 25, 2016.
Please note that: Only students that are fully registered will be ELIGIBLE to ballot.
GENERAL GUIDELINES ON ACCOMMODATION OF HALLS OF RESIDENCE (HoR)
- The 2015/2016 accommodation exercise is strictly an online distribution and allocation of bed spaces.
- Students should note that there are limited bed spaces due to increase in the number of students.
- Allocation of bed spaces will be on the bases of first come first served
- All freshers shall be distributed into permanent HoR. Thereafter they will ballot for bed spaces on the basis of their assigned HoR.
- Students with medical challenges (physically challenged inclusive) should register at the Medical Centre; otherwise their cases will not be treated by the Student Affairs Division.
- No sales of scratch cards for accommodation. Students are advised to log on directly to www.unilaghalls.com for allocation of bed spaces using matriculation number or jamb registration number as the case is applicable
- Students should strictly abide by the time table for allocation of bed spaces for each category.
- Illegal sales or purchase of bed spaces attracts rustication for two (2) semesters; any student caught will be disciplined accordingly, so beware!!!
- Students must pay their accommodation fee within 3-working days after allocation of bed space, else the bed space stands forfeited
- Deriving from nine (9) above, another round of balloting will be carried out to give opportunity to students who did not succeed in the earlier ballot.
- Complaints should be channeled through the online help desk for accommodation. All complaints shall be attended to promptly. No students and staff are allowed to gather in or outside the Students Affairs Office.
- Re-assignment of HoR based on choice will not be entertained; students with such request shall forfeit his/her allocation.
- Under no circumstances should any bed space/room not officially assigned be occupied by any student.
- Students penalised for any form of social and academic misconduct are not eligible for accommodation.
- Biological form for staff child(ren) has been uploaded online, members of staff are expected to fill, print, sign and submit at the Student Affairs Division (attach copy of birth certificate and last course registration form of 2015/2016 session). Other necessary information will be posted on the University Website and in the Information Flash.
- All students resident in the HoR shall be issued identification pass/cards, which must be produced on demand at any point in time.
- All students are requested to avail themselves of information on accommodation through the Unilag Website, Lagmobile and the Information Flash.
- Allocation of bed spaces will commence in December for the 100 level. Final year and other levels will commence in January.