University of Lagos, UNILAG postgraduate admission form for the year 2015/2016 academic session is now on sale.
Authorities of the University of Lagos (UNILAG), School of Postgraduate Studies, invite applications from suitably qualified candidates from recognized institutions for admission into the various Postgraduate programmes offered by the institution for the 2015/2016 academic session on full-time and Part-Time basis.
UNILAG Postgraduate – Available Programmes.
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD).
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A., LL.M, etc).
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. MBA, MILD, MILR, MPH, MDSS, MPIA, MPA, MGIS, etc).
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes.
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full-Time, Part-Time, Executive and Sandwich options as applicable.
UNILAG Postgraduate Admission – General Requirements.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS PGD & M.Sc.
An applicant for admission to a programme shall be:
1. Must possess a Bachelors’s degree of this University or any approved University;
2. A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by senate of the University of Lagos;
3. In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
1. (i) Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps programme or currently undergoing a Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
2. Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
3. A holder of Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite are not eligible to apply.
4. All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS for M.Phil and Ph.D
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
To qualify for admission to the above programme:
(i) Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s honours degree from this University or any other approved University with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
(ii) Candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of CGPA of at least 3.50.
(iii) All candidates to the M.Phil. programmes must contact the respective department for availability of supervisors before applying.
(iv) The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as determined by the respective department.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
(i) A candidate who has obtained the degree of Master of Philosophy must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(ii) A candidate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Science must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(iii) Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying.
(iv) All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
ALL CANDIDATES FOR M. Phil./Ph.D. ADMISSIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTERS’ DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT MASTER’S LEVEL.
UNILAG Postgraduate Admission – Method of Application.
- Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies website:http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, click the “2015/2016 Application” Link for full information on the Application.
- Sale of Application Forms begins on Monday, June 8 and ends on Monday, August 31, 2015.
- Completed Application Forms are to be submitted online not later than Monday, August 31, 2015.
- Application Form fee: N22, 500:00 (Twenty-Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira only).
- Payment can be made through any branch of: ACCESS BANK Plc, ECOBANK Plc, FIRST BANK Plc, GUARANTY TRUST BANK Plc, UNION BANK Plc, UBAPlc, WEMA BANK Plc, and ZENITH BANK Plc.
- Kindly note the following:
- Candidates are advised to read carefully the requirements for their desired programmes to confirm eligibility.
- Applicants are advised to check the available programmes online before applying.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results and Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes are not eligible.
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
- Every applicant is required to upload all certificates listed in the application form, such as: Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results), NYSC Certificate and Professional Certificates.
- All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration.
- All M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant department for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.
- Please check for the dates of Qualifying Examinations/Interviews on the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies Website: http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng
- Applicants will be required to print the completed Application Form and Photo Card. These will be required for submission at the examination/interview venue.
- Candidates are required to LAMINATE their Photo Card after printing.
For further information, please contact: Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos, Lagos. e-Mail: [email protected]