85 Students Would be Awarded First-Class as University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN Graduates 13,554.
Eighty Five persons will be awarded 1st Class Honours certificates at the 45th Convocation Ceremony of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) which will take place on Friday and Saturday this week.
Vice chancellor of the institution, Professor Benjamin Chukwuma Ozumba, disclosed this yesterday while briefing reporters as part of activities marking the 45th Convocation Ceremony.
Ozumba disclosed that the University will award over 13, 554 first degree and diploma certificates to deserving young men and women who had been found worthy in character and in learning, Breakdown of the figure according to class of the degrees and certificates include:
- First Class Honours 85
- Second Class Honours (Upper Division) 3,040
- Second Class Honours (Lower Division) 7,286
- Third Class Honours 2,237
- Pass 257
- Diploma 176
- Associateship Certificate in Education 4
Ozumba announced that the university resolved to confer honorary doctorate degrees on five distinguished Nigerians:
1. The Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Achebe;
2. Former Inspector General of Police. Alhaji Ibrahim Commassie; 3. Ambassador Godwin Alaoma Onyegbula and
4. Prince Arthur Eze (OFR), would be conferred with the Doctor of Philosophy in Public Adminislration (Honoris Causa), while
5. Hon. Justice Eze Ozobu would receive Doctor of Philosophy in Law (Honoris Causa).
The honourees were selected based on their altruistic and dedicated services to our country and humanity in their chosen fields of endeavor.
Similarly, we have also listed 19 of our eminent Professors for the title of Professor Emeritus. Those selected had distinguished themselves academically and are still making contributions to knowledge through their publications, inventions and creativity.”