Federal University of Technology, Minna, FUTMINNA postgraduate admission application form for the 2016/2017 academic session is out.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to the Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA) postgraduate programmes admission for the 2016/2017 academic session.
FUTMINNA Postgraduate General Admission Requirements.
A candidate applying for Postgraduate Studies in the Federal University of Technology, Minna must have obtained five (5) Credits in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GCE (O’Level) or their equivalents including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. No admission shall be made on the basis of any awaiting O/Level paper result and no exemption is made for admission into any programme.
1 Ph.D. Programmes
i. Candidates for Admission for any of the Ph.D. Programmes shall be Masters Degree graduates of the Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other Universities recognized by the Senate or holders of equivalent qualifications acceptable to University Senate.
ii. A Master Degree holder applying for the Ph.D. Programmes of the University must have maintained a weighted score average of 60% or a ‘B’ grade or aCGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale in overall performance in the Masters Degree programme.
iii. Appropriate courses may be prescribed for candidates whose background is considered weak for the areas of specialization. This is done at the discretion of the School/Department within the approved general regulations/guidelines of the Postgraduate School.
2. Master Degree Programmes
i. A Minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other recognized University.
ii. A Third Class Honour Degree with at least 3 years Postgraduate experience in relevant fields may be considered, in some areas, passing a qualifying examination to be administered by the Department of the candidates in consultation with the Postgraduate School may be required.
iii. Candidates with HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, ND Lower Credit and a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field with, at least a minimum of Lower Credit and one year graduation experience may be considered.
iv For avoidance of doubt, candidates with PASS grade at any level Degree, PGD, HND and ND do not qualify for admission to the Masters Degree Programmes. No Diploma candidate with CGPA less than 2.50 qualifies for admission into the Masters Degree Programmes.
v Where examination is required as in the case of 1 (ii) and 1 (iii) above, an examination fee of N500.00 will be charged outside the cost of Postgraduate application forms.
vi. In all cases of admission the final decision on qualified candidates rests with the Postgraduate School Board. Candidates with Science-based background are normally considered.
3. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
i. First degree in relevant areas from any recognised university.
ii. Candidates with a minimum of Lower Credit at HND level are eligible for admission.
iii. Candidates with PASS grade are not eligible for admission.
FUTMINNA Postgraduate Programmes – Method of Application.
- All applications for Postgraduate programmes are online through the University website (https://www.futminna.edu.ng/);
- Applications will be accessible as from 16th May, 2016
- All requested information on the online application must be correct, and accurately provided with current email addresses and phone numbers.
- Completed application forms must be submitted online through the University portal latest on 31st July, 2016. All necessary instructions on filling of form must be adhered to and failure to do so is sufficient grounds to disqualify an applicant.
- Completed application forms must be printed out as they would be requested for during registration, on successful admission.
- All PhD Applicants must upload their research proposal of interest and ensure that their official transcripts are forwarded to;
- The Secretary,
- Postgraduate School,
- Federal University of Technology,
- Minna, Niger State.
- before the processing of admission.
- Official transcripts could also be sent through our Email ([email protected]) to be uploaded before processing of admission.
- It is the responsibility of each candidate to ensure that the online referee reports are duly filled and submitted by the respective referees before the closing date. (Minimum of two (2) referees) must be submitted on line.
- All certificates must be uploaded in their original form and in colour.
FUTMINNA Postgraduate Programmes – Application Forms.
University charges an application fee of N10,000.00 naira plus N250.00 naira interswitch charge making a total of N10,250.00 naira payable online via the interswitch platform with the use of master or verve card through the School portal.
FUTMINNA Postgraduate Programmes – Payment of Fees and the Procedures.
All successful applicants offered provisional admission must undergo the following registration formalities (payment of fees, registration and screening) shall be completed within a pronounced date beyond which there shall be a penalty of late registration.
Click Here to download the programmes available and requirements.