Federal University of Technology, Owerri, FUTO postgraduate admission application form for the 2016/2017 academic session is out.
The Postgraduate School, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for consideration for admission into the under – listed Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctorate Degree programmes for the 2016/2017 session Regular, Centre for Continuing Education(CCE), Centre for Women, Gender and Development Studies(CWGDS) and Institute for Erosion Studies.
FUTO Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
All candidates applying for any of the following postgraduate programmes must satisfy the basic matriculation requirements including English Language and Mathematics as required by the Department.
Candidates applying for the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programme must possess any of the following in addition to English and Mathematics and the basic matriculation requirements of the Department:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Upper Credit or above
- Bachelors Degree in the relevant discipline from FUTO or any other recognized University with at least a Third Class Honours.
- A good Bachelors Degree with at least Second Class Honours in other related disciplines.
- M.Sc, M.Eng, MPH
Candidates applying for the M.Sc, M.Eng, MPH programme must possess any of the following in addition to English and Mathematics and the basic matriculation requirements of the Department:
- A first degree with at least a second class honours qualification with a minimum of 00 CGPA on a 5-point scale or 2.50 CGPA on a 4-point scale in the related area from FUTO or from any other recognized University.
- A Bachelors degree from a recognized University plus a PGD of not less than 50 CGPA on a 5-point scale and a 3.00 CGPA on a 4-point scale in the relevant area.
Candidates applying for the MBA programme must possess any of the following in addition to English and Mathematics and the basic matriculation requirements of the Department:
- A good honours Degree in the area of Science/Technology, Engineering and Management Technology from FUTO or from any other recognized University.
- Graduates with first degree from a recognized University and holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with Postgraduate Diploma may apply for the MBA programme
Candidates applying for the Ph.D programme must possess any of the following in addition to English and Mathematics and the basic matriculation requirements of the Department:
- A Master’s degree with a CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00 point scale or 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale or its equivalent in the relevant areas from FUTO or any recognized University
- Any other qualification as the University Senate may from time to time recognize/approve.
Duration of FUTO Postgraduate Programmes.
- D Programmes: A minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters for full-time and minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters for part-time students.
- Sc, M.Eng, MPH and MBA Programmes: A minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters for full-time and minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters for part-time students
- PGD Programmes: A minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of four (4) semesters for full-time and minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters for part-time students.
NOTE: Candidates with Bachelor of Master’s degree in Education (B.Ed and M.Ed) need not apply
How to Apply for FUTO Postgraduate Programmes.
Any interested candidate should pay a non-refundable fee of eleven thousand, three hundred naira (N11,300.00) only at any of the Deposit Money Banks (DMB) through the Remita Gateway on the Postgraduate application platform and then complete the online application at www.futo.edu.ng
Candidates are advised to apply on-line following the procedure given below:
Step 1: Go to the FUTO Website – www.futo.edu.ng
Step 2: Click on Prospective Students.
Step 3: Go to PG Application Form 2016/2017
Step 4: Click on on-line application for PG (Regular) or CCE (PG) Weekend Programme or Institute of Women/Gender and Development Studies or Institute for Erosion Studies application
Step 5: Click on generate 2016/2017 PG Application Invoice
Step 6: Enter your Telephone Number
Step 7: Click on Sign In
Step 8: Print your invoice containing your RRR number (Remita Retrieval Reference) and proceed to the bank for payment or make payment via ATM card.
Step 9: Go to any bank with your invoice and pay a non-refundable fee of Eleven thousand three hundred naira (N11,300.00) for FUTO PGS or CCE or IWoGDS or IES application depending on your interest.
Step 10: Return to Step 4 above
Step 11: Click on Fill PG Application form 2016/2017
Step 12: Enter your Remita Number from the bank
Step 13: Fill the on-line form accordingly
NOTE: Make sure the referee email address supplied is valid as a referee form link would be sent to your referees for completion online.
Step 14: Print out a copy of the Acknowledgement Slip when the form is completed. Also an acknowledgement would be sent to the email address you provided while filling the form. Therefore make sure you provide a valid personal e-mail address.
For more enquires send an email to [email protected]
Documents to Submit for FUTO Postgraduate Programmes.
Candidates should upload the following relevant documents in support of their application online
- University Degree Certificates/Statement of Result
- NYSC Discharge Certificate/Exemption Certificate
- “O” Level Result
Submission of Academic Transcripts to FUTO
All applicants must forward their transcript to reach the Deputy Registrar/ Secretary, Postgraduate School, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria, not later than December 20, 2016.
Please note that any application without Transcript will not be considered for admission.
FUTO Postgraduate Programme Admission Application Closing Date.
The website will close on November 30, 2016 and all submission of documents as in E above will close on same day. All successful candidates will be notified via email/SMS.
Click here(.pdf) for FUTO available postgraduate programmes.