Sale of the 2017 JAMB Form has commenced. Cyber cafés will not be allowed to render services on behalf of JAMB. So please visit ONLY JAMB accredited centres. There will be no sales of scratch cards for the registration. Continue reading for more details.
2017 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB UTME registration procedures, instructions and everything you need to know is available here. Bookmark this page and always check back often. We will continue to supply you with adequate information to help you have a stress free registration.
This is to inform the general public that the 2017/2018 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) registration commencement date has been announced..
We decided to create this Portal to avail our readers with the latest trend about 2017 JAMB UTME.
2017 JAMB UTME registration will now be done through JAMB certified registration centres nationwide.
The 2017 JAMB UTME will only feature Computer Based Test – CBT (just like the previously conducted UTME).
The registration period for the examination will last between Monday 20th March,2017 and Wednesday 19th April,2017.
It’s important you Download JAMB CBT Practice Software from Here
Below are some important links you should check:
- Mobile Application to Register for 2017 JAMB UTME & DE
- 2017 JAMB Mock Examination Date & Registration Details
- JAMB Brochure
- JAMB Accredited Registration Centre Nearest to You
- Textbooks Recommended for 2017 JAMB UTME: All Subjects
- Price, Selling Points of 2017 JAMB UTME E-Pin (Scratch Card)
- Approved Fee to Pay for 2017 UTME Registration.
- Compulsory Novels to Read for 2017 JAMB UTME General Paper
- JAMB Subjects Combination for Science Students
- JAMB Subjects Combination for Arts, Commercial, Social Sciences Students
- 2017 JAMB UTME Examination Date
2017 JAMB UTME Registration Documents.
At the point of purchase of the e-registration scratch cards, the following documents shall be made available for collection by every candidate.
- Syllabus for the examination in soft copy.
- Guidelines on admission (Brochure) in soft copy, detailing list of Tertiary Institutions and available programmes of study.
Please note that the items listed above are at NO EXTRA cost to the candidates, and writing materials and calculator will be made available to the candidate on the day of the examination.
2017 UTME Order of Choice of Institution.
On the 2017 registration platform, Candidates are to note that their 1st choice can be a College of Education, University, Innovative Enterprise Institutes, Polytechnics/Monotechnics, NDA (Nigerian Defence Academy) or Nigeria Police Academy.
2017 JAMB UTME Registration General Instructions and How to Apply.
NB: The payment platform for UTME Registration is through PIN vending. Not Remitta. Please do not pay through Remitta.
- Each candidate must have personal e-mail address and mobile phone number.
- Each candidate is to use his/her functional and valid personal e-mail address. The system would reject at the point of registration any already used e-mail address.
- Each candidate must personally create a JAMB profile on the JAMB portal through JAMB Mobile App available on Android, Windows and iOS platforms OR on the JAMB portal: www.jamb.org.ng. Name. date of birth, personal e-mail address and place of origin are required to create the profile.
- Payment for JAMB’s E-PIN-registration and the recommended reading text is done at the banks and NIPOST. Banks have also agreed to make these services available at CBT centres and JAMB State Offices.
- Each Candidate should visit any accredited CBT centre (the list of accredited CBT centres are on our website i.e. www.jamb.gov.ng) with his/her personal details, the profile and evidence of payment.
- The CBT centre or JAMB State Office, supplies, at no extra cost, the prescribed reading text and the CD containing:
- e-brochure showing guidelines on admission detailing list of tertiary institutions and available programmes of study.
- Syllabus (e-syllabus) forthe examination.
- Step by step guide on completing the application form.
- A video messages from the Registrar of JAMB and a demo on how to use eight (8) keys for UTME examination without mouse.(For candidates with little familiarity with Computers)
- Each Candidate is to complete the online application form by supplying the required details such as name, e-mail address, L.G.A., academic qualifications, etc.
- At the CBT centre, Candidate’s ten fingers biometric and image will be captured and uploaded.
- O/L and/or A/L grades are to be provided by candidates. Candidates who are awaiting result should suppIv the result online as soon as the results are available on JAMB’S Portal. No recommendations from anv Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her O/L result on the Portal of JAMB.
- Each Candidate is to collect his e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration.
- There will be no offline registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been empowered for real life online registration. No candidate should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State office. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identified and disqualified.
Registration fee for the 2017 Uniﬁed Tertiary Matriculation Examination or Direct Entry is Five Thousand Naira (₦5,000) Candidates are also, as usual, to pay Five Hundred Naira (₦500) only to obtain the reading text- ‘In Dependence’ for UTME candidates and ‘‘The Last Days at Forcados High School’‘ for Direct Entry Candidates.
Candidates should note that e-PINS being purchased are tied to individual proﬁle and are not transferable.
Candidates are advised to keep as conﬁdential their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, e-mail addresses and E-Pins.
As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
2017 JAMB UTME Date and Venue.
- The 2017 CBT will commence on 6th May to 20th May, 2017 (excluding May 12, 2017 because of Candidates sitting for WAEC’s Further Maths Exam).
- The venue of the examination will be at the candidates’ chosen town during on-line registration.
JAMB General Entry Requirements.
The general entry requirements for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (NID) and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes in Universities, other Degree-Awarding Institutions, Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutes and Colleges of Education are available in the e- Brochure which would be given to each Candidate at the accredited CBT centres and JAMB state offices.
- The registration fee, once paid is non-refundable.
- Registration for the Uniﬁed Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is available at the CBT centres and JAMB Oﬃces The accredited centres have been empowered to assist in this regard.
- As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
- All CBT centres have been mandated to select any of the participating These banks are to be presentin their premises for the purposes of collecting all fees. No centre-staﬀ is allowed to conduct cash transaction with the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to read and understand the guidelines on admission and instructions on how to complete the online registration before commencing the process of registration.
- Multiple registrations are not Candidates who register more than once will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image or photograph will be embossed on their result slips and admission
- Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on a general text: “In Dependence” by Sarah Ladipo Manyika for UTME and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by H. Mohammed for Direct Entry Candidates.
- Candidates are warned that the Board has not authorised or solicited the services of ANY establishment/group or individual other than the accredited CBT centres for this registration exercise.