University of Benin, UNIBEN admission form into full-time diploma programme in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology for the 2017/2018 academic session is now on sale.
The University of Benin, Benin City, has a Centre for Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT). This Centre, runs a two-year Full-Time Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT). The course has adequate professional and academic content, to produce manpower for the promotion of staff proficiency, capacity building and performance in the Sea Ports, Shipping, Oil and ICT sectors of the economy for middle and top management positions.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Full-Time Two-Year Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Graduates from the Centre shall acquire both academic and practical knowledge to be employed directly into Sea Ports, Shipping, Oil, Custom Services, and other Agencies in maritime and ICT industries.
- The Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT is recognized as a direct entry qualification in the University of Benin into 200 level for all Engineering programmes and degree programme in the Faculty of Science (Computer Science, Mathematics (Pure and Applied), Industrial Mathematics, Mathematics with Physics, Mathematics with Chemistry, Statistics with Computer Science, Physics, Geology and Industrial Physics), Faculty of Education (Department of Vocational and Technical Education) and Library Studies and similar institutions in the country.
- Programme would also serve as capacity building for the academic and professional enhancement of persons with innate maritime culture and tradition.
Lectures shall take place from Monday to Friday between the hours of 2.00 and 6.00pm.
Students must undertake and pass a three-month industrial training period between the first and second years of the programme.
- Credit in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and any other subject at GCE/WASE/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO
- City and Guilds (Part 1) in any area of Engineering
- A qualification equivalent to any of the above.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should visit the website www.uniben.edu, then click on waeup portal and click on Application to initiate the online application process by printing application fee slip of the sum of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) and then proceed to any Commercial Bank of their choice to make the payment through Interswitch platform. Thereafter, candidates are expected to go back to the same website to complete their application online.
Candidates should ensure that forms are clearly filled with all information required on or before 31st August, 2017. Any application Form not properly filled will not be treated.
Closing date of application is 31st August, 2017.