The authorities of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) is inviting qualified and interested members of the public to their 2013/2014 academic session part-time degree programmes.
The NUC has approved that the University of Benin can run the following degree programmes:
1. B. Agric. (Animal Science);
2. B. Agric. (Crop Science);
3. B. Agric. (Soil Science);
4. B. Agric. (Fisheries);
5. B. Agric. (Forestry and Wildlife);
6. B. A. (English and Literature);
7. B. A. (International Studies and Diplomacy);
8. B. A. (Linguistics);
9. B. A. (Linguistics and Edo language);
10. B. A. (Mass Communication);
11. B. A. (Ed) Adult Education);
12. B. A. (Ed) Adult Education/English & Literature);
13. B. A. (Ed) Adult Education/Fine Arts);
14. B. Sc. (Ed) Adult Education/Economics and Statistics);
15. B. Sc. (Ed) Adult Education/Political Science);
16. B. Sc. (Ed) Adult Education/English language and Literature);
17. B. A. (Ed) (History);
18. B. A. (Ed) (French);
19. B. A. (Ed) (Fine Arts);
20. B. A. (Ed) (Edo Language);
21. B. A. (Ed) (Religious Studies);
22. B. Sc. (Ed) (Economics & Statistics);
23. B. Sc. (Ed) (Geography & Regional Planning);
24. B. Sc. (Ed) (Political Science & Public Administration);
25. B. Sc. (Ed) (Biology);
26. B. Sc (Ed) (Chemistry);
27. B. Sc (Ed) (Mathematics);
28. B. Sc. (Ed) (Physics);
29. B. Sc. (Ed) (Computer Science);
30. B. Sc (Ed) (Integrated Science);
31. B. Sc. (Ed) (Social Studies);
32. B. Sc. (Ed) (Human Kinetics);
33. B. Sc. (Ed) Health Education);
34. B. Sc. (Ed) (Environmental Education);
35. B. Sc. (Ed) (Agriculture Education);
36. B. Sc. (Ed) (Business Education);
37. B. Sc. (Ed) (Home Economics Education);
38. B. Sc (Ed) (Industrial Technical Education);
39. B. Sc. (Accounting);
40. B. Sc. (Banking and Finance);
41. B. Sc. (Computer Science);
42. B. Sc. (Physics);
43. B. Sc. (Public Administration)
The General University Admission Requirements that apply uniformly across the faculties as well as the Specific Faculty Admission Requirements are displayed on the University websites: https://uniben.waeup.org or uniben.edu
To quality for the entrance examinations into the various part-time degree programmes, candidate must satisfy the stated general and specific requirements for admission.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All applications should be done between Wednesday 12th November 2013 and 14th December, 2013.
The procedure for the application is as follows:
1. Visit www.uniben.edu or uniben.waeup.org
2. Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process (not the cyber-cafe’s mail).
3. Click on “PART-TIME ADMISSION, 2013”.
4. Click on ‘Register for Application’ at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
5. Provide all necessary information. Note that * means compulsory fields.
6. An immediate mail will be sent to the provided e-mail address.
7. Open your mail to get your system generated ID and Password that you will use to login.
8. On the https//uniben.waeup.org, click on ‘Login’ (top right of front page)
9. Enter your user name and the password from the mail to login.
10. To start the application process, click on ‘Application record’, provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
11. Upload a clear “1 x 1” COLOUR passport photograph with Red background in JPEG format only. NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in the University.
12. To pay for the Application, click on “Add online payment ticket” at the bottom of the page, then click on “College Pay” on the top left corner of the page. Follow the instruction to pay the application fee of N10,500.00 with an ATM-Enabled VerVe or Master Card from any Commercial Bank.
13. PREVIEW AND CONFIRM YOUR INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE.
14. Print out the Application slip.
Admission into various programmes shall be through entrance examination to be conducted on a date to be announced later.
However, there will be no Entrance Examinations for some programmes. Admission into such programmes will be based on the general requirements approved by the Senate.
** Note that Past Questions for practicing are available for purchase by willing candidates at moderate cost in the Central Entrance Examinations Committee (CEEC) office, Main Auditorium, University of Benin.
G. O. Ogboghodo (Mrs.)