Delta State School of Marine Technology, DESOMATECH ND and Pre-ND programmes admission form are now on sale for the 2015/2016 academic session.
The Delta State School of Marine Technology (DESOMATECH), Burutu, hereby announces to the general public, especially its prospective students, that it has commenced the sale of forms for the following National Diploma (ND) and Pre-National Diploma (Pre-ND) programmes for the 2015/2016 academic session:
DESOMATECH NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) PROGRAMMES (2 YEARS)/
ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT: (Options)
- Marine Engineering
- Oil and Gas Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Ship & Boat Building Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering (Water & Transportation option)
- Computer Engineering
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT: (Options)
- Nautical Science & Seamanship
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Fisheries & Fisheries Technology
- Computer Science
INDUSTRIAL SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT: (Options)
- Industrial Safety & Environmental Management
- Estate Management
- Survey & Geo-Informatics
- Urban & Regional Planning
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT: (Options)
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Maritime Transport & Business Management
Entry Requirements for DESOMATECH ND/Pre-ND Programmes:
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR PRE-ND PROGRAMMES: An entry into a pre National Dimploma Program. GCE 0′ Level, SSCE (WAEC & NECO) NABTEB or its equivalents with at least five (5) credits passes in the relevant subjects in not more than two sittings.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ND PROGRAMMES: GCE 0′ Level, SSCE (WAEC & NECO) NABTEB or its equivalents with at least five (5) credits passes in the relevant subjects in not more than two sittings. Note: A minimum scores of 160 in UTME is required for full-time applicants.
- For Engineering Technology, Science and Technology, and Industrial Safety and Environmental Management Technology Departments; Marine Engineering, Ship and Boat Building Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering, Nautical Science and Seamanship, and Oceanography options; credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry are compulsory and any other Science subject. While credit in Mathematics and Physics are compulsory and any other two science subjects from Biology/Agricultural science, Basic Electronics, Technical Drawing, Woodwork, Metal Work, Geography, Economics, Statistics for Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science options.
- For Engineering Technology Department, the National Technical Certificate (NTC) with relevant credits for entry into all the course options in the Department.
- For Science Laboratory Technology, credit in Mathematics, and any other two science subjects from Biology/Agricultural Science, Physics/Chemistry (credit in one and a pass in the other) and any other science subject.
- For Fisheries and Fisheries Technology, credit passes in Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry and any two from the following subjects; Geography, Mathematics, Economics and Physics. At least a pass in English Language is required.
- For Industrial Safety and Environmental Management, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science are compulsory, plus one other subject from Physics, Economics and Technical Drawing.
- A pass in English language is acceptable for all Engineering Technology, Science and Technology course options, Industrial Safety and Environmental Management and Survey and Geo-Informatics course options.
- For Estate Management, Urban and Regional Planning course options, credit in Mathematics, English Language and Geography are compulsory plus one other subject from Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing/Fine Art, Economics/Commerce.
- For Survey and Geo-informatics, Physics, Mathematics and Geography are compulsory, plus credit in any other subject from Biology, Technical Drawing and Economics.
- For (1D), Business Administration and Management Technology Department, credit passes, in English Language and Mathematics, are compulsory for Accounting, Business Administration and Marketing course options; plus any two (2) Credits from the following; Accounts, Agricultural Science/Biology, Business Methods, Commerce, Economics, Government, History, Geography, Literature in English and Statistics.
- For Public Administration course option, four credit passes which must include English Language, Mathematics, Government and any one from Accounts, Agricultural Science/Biology, Business Methods, Commerce, Economics, History, Geography, Literature in English and Statistics.
- Maritime Transportation and Business Management course option, credits in Mathematics and English Language are compulsory plus credit in any other three subjects from Accounts, Agricultural Science/Biology, Business Methods, Commerce, Economics, Geography, Government, History, Literature-in-English, Statistics, Additional Mathematics/French/Home Economics.
- Four credit passes in relevant subjects obtained at the final examination of an NBTE recognized preliminary ND programme offered in a polytechnic or similar post-secondary Technical Institution.
- The National Technical Certificate (NTC), City and Guilds/WAEC Technical or National Business Certificate (NBC) with credit passes in all the trade modules/four (4) academic subjects relevant to the programme.
How to Apply for DESOMATECH ND Programmes.
- All interested candidates are required to log on to the Institution’s portal www.portal.deltastatesomatech.edu.ng and click Applications for Admission. Fill the required information and print Payment Notification Slip, thereafter, Proceed to any Zenith Bank Branch Nationwide for direct deposit of the sum of #5,500.00 in favour of Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu and #1,000.00 for online application fee. Note: Your Applicant ID is required to make payment in the Bank.
- On completion of payment of application fee at the Bank, log on to portal to print acknowledgement form to be presented at the venue of entrance examination.
Closing Date for Sales of DESOMATECH ND Programmes Form.
The closing date for online application is Friday 18th September, 2015..
DESOMATECH ND Programmes Screening Date
Aptitude test holds on Saturday, 19th September, 2015 at 10.00am in any of the Centres of choice indicated in candidate’s application form.
- Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu, Delta State.
- College of Education, Warri, Delta State.
- SchoolVille Training Centre, Asaba, 104, Okpanam Road, Opposite Legislative Quarters, Asaba, Delta State.
- Army Day Secondary School, (Bori Camp), Port-Harcourt Barracks, Aba Road, Port-Harcourt.
All successful candidates are to come with the printed copy of their application form, copies of credentials to the Office of the Registrar, Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu.
For further information, please call any of the following hotlines: 08026677966, 08148176516, 08027225528, 07053898017, or visit our portal: www.portal.deltastatesomatech.edu.ng.